przasnysz commune
image header of the site
06-300 Przasnysz, ul. Św. St. Kostki 5, tel./fax 29 752 22 70, pon.- pt. godz.: 8:00-16:00, starostwo@powiat-przasnysz.pl

Przasnysz Town

Przasnysz is located in southern part of Przasnysz District on the Węgierka River. Here is the district, town and commune government headquarter. Here is also the district hospital, the court of justice, the public prosecutor's office, Internal Tax Office, Social Insurance Institution and most of other institutions, which provide the services for citizens. The town has a population of 17.080 and 25.16 km2 in area.



 


 


 


 


 


In 1427 the town obtained its civic rights. The most ancient traces of human settlements discovered in Przasnysz region date back to the turn of the bronze and the iron ages (ca. 700 BC). In the 13th century, a trading settlement established within the borders of the today's town began to gradually expand and assume more urban character. The name of the town was derived from a human name - Przasnych. Grammatically, the town's name represents a possessive case of the noun, denoting Przasnych's property. The town had its heyday in 16th century, especially after Mazovia region had been incorporated into the Kingdom of Poland in 1526. In 1576 it became the seat of the rural starostry. In 1758, King August 3rd confirmed civic privileges of Przasnysz that were later reaffirmed by King Stanislaw August Poniatowski in 1787. In the 20th century, between the two World Wars, Przasnysz was the district's capital in Warsaw Province.



 


 


 


 


 


Since 1999 the town has completed a great many important investment projects including the development and modernisation of the sewage treatment plant, the building of a sewage system, thermoinsulation of school buildings, development of the town's heating system, building of a weir on the river Wegierka and the installation of a town video monitoring system. Work is presently being carried out on developing the town's sports stadium to accommodate rehabilitation and training. In 2006 the Old Trading House was modernized for the use of the Przasnysz branch of SGGW and the Town Hall.



scroll to top
Data: 2019-02-18
Name-day: